Mission & Vision
Who We Are
International Software Systems, Inc. (ISSI), established in 1995 in the State of Maryland, is GSA IT 70 Schedule holder, CMMI Level 3 assessed and ISO 9001:2008 certified. As an information technology service provider, ISSI has formally defined administrative, program and project management methodologies that are periodically reviewed, and consistently applied to software development and engineering processes for continual improvement, effective optimization and successful implementation. ISSI's core competencies are in providing management and technical consultancy, specializing in program and project management encompassing oversight, business transformation, technology solutions and organizational change development. These services are provided in support of a variety of public sector clients at the Federal, State, Local/Regional levels in the domains of learning management, transportation, health & human services, and defense & intelligence and constantly expanding potential client base.
- To be recognized by our customers as a trusted partner
- Help customers achieve their business objectives by providing innovative, world-class IT consulting services and solutions
- Achieve our objectives in an environment of fairness, honesty, and courtesy towards our clients, employees, vendors and society at large
To provide the highest quality product and service solutions to continuously delight our customers.
Bhaskar has played a leading role in the global information technology industry for more than 25 years, managing divisions and business units in India and the United States. Since founding ISSI in 1995, he has been instrumental in formulating the company's strategy and building and managing the organization's development centers in the United States and in India. A member of ISSI's Board of Directors, Bhaskar now spends even more time traveling extensively to meet clients. Client focus, Bhaskar believes, is ISSI's defining value. "Our mission is to be known as the number one organization in the minds of our customers," he says.
Throughout his career at ISSI, Bhaskar has played a key role in creating a culture of openness and transparency and instilling a "can do, we never let you down" attitude. "In the short term," he says, "we will sustain the growth momentum that we have by solidifying and expanding the relationships we have with our existing customers. We will also adjust the structure and empower our organization even more so that we can continuously drive measurable business benefits." Bhaskar began his career at S M Systems and Research Corp (SMSRC), growing through the ranks from developer to technologist to program manager to business leader. He holds a BS degree in Computer Science from the State University of New York, and an MS in computer science from Wayne State University, Detroit. He is Project Management Professional(PMP) certified by the Project Management Institute.
Marty supports ISSI with an exceptional twenty-five-year track record in executive management in software sales, consulting, and solution development. His distinguished career is showcased by a history of success in addressing strategic needs and developing new business. Marty is focused on building and maintaining relationships, solid negotiating skills, attention to detail, and timely communication. Marty has extensive experience in the government and intelligence community and has directed resources for many independent worldwide government implementations.
He has worked with government agencies including, ODNI, U.S. Navy, USMC and civilian agencies including SSA and HHS-CMS. He was instrumental in establishing government contract and procurement vehicles for ISSI.
Prior to joining ISSI, Marty served as the Director, Business Development, Government Group at SumTotal. He managed the merger of separate and competing sales groups from Click2Learn and Docent into SumTotal.
Prior to SumTotal, Marty was the Director, Federal Systems at THINQ Learning Solutions.
Mark Anderson is an accomplished, innovative executive with over 37 years of software and courseware life-cycle management experience. He has experience managing information technology services, products and projects including management of enterprise customer software integration and implementation. In the past 7 years, he moved through a succession of challenging assignments where he reported directly to the corporate CEO, Vice Presidents, and Directors and coordinated with customer representatives at the executive level. In every assignment, he accomplished both corporate and customer objectives. He then trained and transitioned in his replacement before moving to each new assignment.
He has excelled as:
- Vice President of Technology & Development at International Software Systems Inc. responsible for business development, customer relations, product management, and management of software engineering. He also serves as software systems architect for a large scale physician information and support system.
- Quality Engineering Director responsible for quality assurance, quality metrics and quality control for the THINQ Learning Management System product release.
- Strategic Solutions Manager guiding product partnerships that extend and enhance the THINQ product line.
- Product Manager responsible for product requirements definition, analysis and design.
- Engineering Project Manager co-architecting a three-tier learning management system and managing schedule and resources for THINQ product development.
- Program & Project Manager for large scale, global deployments for government and high technology companies.
- DBMS: Oracle and SQL Server
- Big Data Framework: Hadoop
- Test Case Management: JIRA, HP ALM, IBM Rational Quality Manager
- Test Case Development: WinRunner, LoadRunner, SQL Suite
- Cloud Computing and Migration: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Mobile Applications Development: iOS and Android
- Project Management: Microsoft Project 2003, 2007, 2010
- Process Analysis & Design: Microsoft Visio 2010
- Requirements Management: Requisite Pro, CalibreRM, Serena Dimensions RM
- Software Version Control: StarTeam, Microsoft VSS, Serena Dimension Cm, CVS, Subversion
- Use Case Analysis: IBM Rational Rose
- Domain & Class Modeling: Rational Rose
- Database Modeling: Erwin
- S/W Languages: C++, C#, VB, NAnt, PHP, Python, Perl
- LAMP Technologies: (Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP)
- Content Management Systems: SharePoint Portal Server, Drupal, Joomla
- Build Management Systems: Cruise Control, Jenkins
- eLearning: Enterprise Talent Management Systems and Learning Management System
- Business Intelligence/Analytics: Cognos, OBIE, Business Objects
Partners & Affiliations
ISSI takes pride in Partnerships & Affiliations, and collaborating with great technology partners. Strategic and enduring partnerships with technology innovators and market leaders keep ISSI technology intellect far above the marketplace as we learn and adopt emerging technologies ahead of market.
- Lockheed Martin
- SumTotal Systems
- USE Corporation
- Maryland MDOT
- Virginia VDOT
- Newyork State
- Michigan State
- PG County
ISSI has received a number of awards from trade and government agencies. We continue to arm ourselves with new technologies and methods so that we can continue to grow and earn the recognition of our clients.
- Deloitte, Technology Fast 50, Maryland
- Deloitte 500
- Top 100 Diversity Owned Businesses in Maryland
- Top 500 Asian Owned Businesses in USA
- Inc Magazine - Fastest 500 growing private companies
- Hammer Award for Quality - Al Gore as Vice President
- CMS - Center for Medicaid System - LMS
- EPA - Environmental Protection Agency - Application development
- DODEA - Department of Defence Education Activity
- SSA - Social Security Administration - National LMS
- Red Cross, National Capital Region - Authorized Provider system
- US Parole Commission - Data and legacy system migration
- Homeland Security - Custom - Content Management
- US Marine Corp. - Learning Management System Contract
- USPFO of Georgia - DPI programming contract
- Montgomery County - Dept. of Health and Human Services - BPA
- US Department of Treasury (OAM) - IT contract
- General Dynamics - ITES-2S (US Army - Enterprise Architecture)
- IDEA Integration - State of Maryland, GSA
SSA National LMS Option Year 4 - BPA - 2016
Lockheed Martin(Leidos) ITSSC contract Sept 2016
CMS Contract Awarded May 2013
DTRA Contract awarded Sep 2013
Partnered with TekSystems Dec 2013
ISSI - CMMI Level 3 certified in December 2012
EPA/OARM/OAIT Contract OPtion Year 2 awarded
SSA - National LMS Contract Award Opt Yr 3 award
DODEA - Awarded New task Orders
ISSI provided services to us in the area of software development, documentation and manual writing, acquisition of computer equipment, trouble shooting, training and management and planning of computer activities...
—Shyam Choundry, Deputy Director
Housing and Building Technology, Herndon, VA
ISSI has converted a wounded application system into a streamlined efficient model utilizing the available resources without incurred additional cost to training, hardware, software, and time. ISSI is a take charge organization that is able to present creative ideas and communicate the benefits...
—Micheal Meade, Application Branch
Department of Defense Education Activity, Arlington, VA
ISSI and team did a fantastic job in designing documenting, coding, testing and integrating the use case components. Not only did you develop high quality components, but delivered them ahead of schedule. It was a pleasure doing business with ISSI...
Christopher C. Linz, Development Manager
THINQ Learning Services, Baltimore, MD
ISSI is ahead of schedule and the communication between us is very good. Thanks to all ISSI team who participated in making the transition go smoothly...
—Steven Jones, Technical Director
MITRE Corporation, Quantico, VA
ISSI Comprises a truly talented group of web developers... ISSI responds within 8 hours to all communications and their eagerness to work with the client to ensure everyone's interpretation of requirments are truly met...
—Major Tom Wright, Operations Officer
USMC Distance Learning Center, Quantico, VA
ISSI and team, with excellent technical skills and willingness to work hard, made an ernomous contribution in the Application Software Branch (ASB) of the Geography Division resulting in a big succsess for one major project and a very good start for another...
—Richard W. Tois, Chief
Bureau of the Census, Washington, DC